Friday, April 1, 2011

Seems they weren't watchin' TV

Howdy... coupla' days ago, ol Dusty finally gets back to the barn for a few minutes. Ya know, to unload all this cool ol' stuff you shoulda kept! An' I had a mess of it!

Anyways, I'm wanderin' around the barn, pokin' my head in different spaces, and generally messin' where I ain't been messin' in a while, and all of a sudden like, I comes across this guy watchin' television! At least I thought he was watchin' television.

Now ol' Dusty don't take too good to payin' folks for watchin' TV, and just as I was fixin' to show his self the way to the door, he says he wants to show me the new pages on the website! Website, huh? Well, turns out he was right in the middle of gettin' all those great collector pins up onto Dusty's website an' wanted to show me how they looked. (You can see them too... go to www.DustyBarnfinds.com and click on the COLLECTOR PINS button).

Seems he's already got over 150 of 'em photographed, put into the computer and has 'em up in a big ol' gallery where you can see 'em all at once an' then clicky on each little picture an' get a big picture too! Dusty's ain't exactly the high tech type, ya knows, so all this is pretty much magic to me, but, I know when sumthin' is really really cool, an' folks, this is.

So we're jawin' about what to charge fer all these pins, sum of what are really unusual and hard to find. He's done a bunch of research on 'em and starts tellin' me how much each an' every one is worth, an' then how much it is to ship 'em an insure 'em an' such, an' pretty soon ol Dusty's head is 'splodin. So's I did sum decidin', right then, right there.

"Charge 'em $12.00 for any of 'em, an' give 'em free shipping and insurance too", I decided! The boy tried to tell me that sum of 'em are worth a whole lot more, but I just told him that in that case, one of y'all is gonna get a sweet deal. After all, that's what ol' Dusty's come to be known for... cool old stuff at great prices!

Now I knows from lookin' through those boxes that we ain't got but one or maybe two of each of those pins at the most, so if I was y'all, I'd be gettin' my eyes on over to that page an' scoopin up the goodies as quick as I could!

As for me, I'm gettin' about as full as I needs to be of all this business stuff. I'm headed back out on the road to find more cool old stuff ya shoulda kept! This ol barn is a bit too small for me for long!

'Til next time, from sumplace headed towards the road,

Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment