Thursday, March 10, 2011

Coupla Boxes of Brambles

Well, Ol' Dusty done scored again! Snagged hisself some real treasure, from a place most folks ain't never seen, much less snooped 'round!

See, I was wanderin' the two lane as I does sum times, and stopped to feed the ol' truck. Got to jawin with the ol' feller taking the money (and of late, he's been takin' a bunch fer his gasoline). He were wearin' a frayed ol' bucket hat, matchin' the frayedness of his other clothes, an' lookin' downright comfortable in his ownself.

While we was chattin', old Dusty spots a neat ol' hatpin stuck in his brim, which gits us to talking 'bout a whole bunch of other topics. Next thing I know, we're talkin' 'bout how long he's been collectin' pins, where he got 'em, tradin' an' the like. Purty soon, he's ridin' with me up the road a piece to his ol' farmhouse so's he can show me his pin collection! Once we git there, he brings out two great big ol' grapefruit boxes an' commences to show me his "jewels" as he call 'em. Good gravy, there had to be a couple thousand pins in those boxes... an' he knew exactly what each one was an' where he got it!

Didn't take ol' Dusty long 'fore he saw a couple that he just hadta have, so we start talkin' 'bout tradin' an' barterin'. But the ol' man says nope, he don't want no more pins, he was into old fishin' lure these days, and more pins would just take up more space. Funny how collectors seem to move from one thing to another over time....

Now a few of ya know that these kindsa words are music to ol' Dusty's good ear, an' I was definitely smellin' opportunity! A few backnforths, a couple roundtheblocks, and we was headed back to the gas station with those two big grapefruit boxes nested securely in the back of Dusty's ol' truck. Cost me a bit more than what I shoulda paid, probably, but then again, as I always say, where you ever gonna find somethin' like this again?

So last night, I jus' couldn't help myself... I hadta look through some of those pins! Stuck my hand down into one of them boxes to grab me a handful of pins to look at, and right away felt like I was draggin' my hand through a mile of bramble bushes! Turns out, those pin points is sharp! I've got the perforations to prove it! A bit more careful efffort got me sum to look at... whoo dogies, these is sum fine ones, includin' a few limited editions that Dusty's never seen before! All from a simple question about the one he had on his hat!

This mornin' both boxes got shipped back to the barn, an' I'm guessin' it won't be long 'for these pins'll start showin' up on DustyBarnfinds.com so y'all can enjoy 'em too, and buy 'em from the store. Check 'em out... they won't be all that expensive, an' there's sure to be sumthin' there ya can't live without... or that ya shoulda kept!

Til next time, from sumplace on the road,

Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment